welcome
You're here at msstraaten.blogspot.com
Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.
Intro
i am who i am
i hate squatting toilets and people who cycle on pedestrian paths
i love my sg gibson bass guitar and playing crisis core
i spend half my life in yuhua secondary school
that tom's a real pervert
Friday, January 2, 2009
Uh. Happy new year, everyone. I think. Today was a long day - well actually it wasn't that long, but it felt long because of the interminably long session in the hall, made worse by people who didn't want to keep quiet and listen to Mr Su. I was listening to his explanations of the offences and wondering why the person committing the offence was almost always named Tom. Especially the raping and outraging modesty offences. As usual people got very excited at the definition of rape (as though they don't know how sex works), and irritated Mr Su all the more cos they kept talking and talking, so he had to stop and scold people often.
=======
I don't like scolding people, actually. I told 4E5 today that it's because I don't like wasting my energy, but that's not entirely true. I don't like scolding people because I myself don't like to be scolded, especially when I have been trying my best. Which is why I generally don't scold people. But then sometimes I have to tell people things they don't like hearing, and I don't like that either. Sigh. Why must the form teacher be the harbinger of ill tidings and aggrievances?
Oh, but 4E5, how I have missed you. It is completely bizarre, but as I stood there this morning at the front of the class, listening to the same people making the same noise (AHEM...
Nicholas), somewhere in the back of my mind, I finally felt back to normal again. The holidays were interminably long and incredibly boring, and I realised today that it's because I missed my students. All my students, all the Sec 3s, and some of the other Sec 4s and 5s who say hello to me, but I mainly missed 4E5. So sad, right? Sad and pathetic-sounding, like I have no life except to love my students. But I do love them.=======
One of the reasons I felt so upset at the end of today's programme was the stark reality of time. This is my first "new year" at Yuhua. My next "new year", my Sec 4s (my 40 darlings) will be gone. Maybe I really am lame and pathetic, but I am horribly sad at the thought, because 4E5 is my first form class, the first one I don't have to share with someone else, my first as a full-fledged teacher. And like all first loves, they have a special place in my heart.
=======
OMG SO EMO! *chills* Oh yes, by the way, I wanted to thank some people:
1) Xinhui for the lovely present - it's so pretty! Thank you!
2) Hema and Boon Hock - my "party planners" aka class chairpersons :) thanks for taking on the responsibility (which was pretty much shoved on you by your evil classmates)
3) Li Kuang, Jocelyn and Minnie for shouldering last year's burdens lol.
Oh and AHHH. Today I walked past
someone, and he looked at me like he wasn't sure whether to smile or not, so I smiled, then he realised I was smiling and he smiled hesitantly - OMG. I fail at communication. Sigh. Back to being antisocial and having people think I'm mad (which I am).
Labels: 4E5, i is crushing failz, yuhua
and i'll return to you somehow: 12:49