welcome
You're here at msstraaten.blogspot.com
Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.
Intro
i am who i am
i hate squatting toilets and people who cycle on pedestrian paths
i love my sg gibson bass guitar and playing crisis core
i spend half my life in yuhua secondary school
meep
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sometime last week my sister brought home a kitten which someone had foisted on her. This being my first sister, who is married with 2 kids, she asked my parents if they could help look after it in the day (since no one's at home in their house during the day). Somehow it turned into my parents, my 2nd sister, her boyfriend and I taking turns to look after this small thing. It mewed constantly and kept rolling all over the place because it couldn't walk properly. I called it the Meep, because that's what it sounded like.
The Meep was kind of sick when it came - bad hind legs, bloated tummy, not eating well. Over the weekend it had toilet issues (it peed on my 2nd sister's shirt more than once). Last night it was very sick so they brought it to the vet, who didn't know what was wrong with it.
Today the Meep died.
***
This is what I spent my weekend watching - my (2nd) sister's band playing at the Arts House for the COMPASS Musical Extravaganza (fancy name for bunch of unsigned people playing for their friends). I asked Melvyn today whether they needed a band for National Day Celebration but it looks unlikely. Check out the poll I added to my blog. Fill it out k. :)
***
Thanks Desmond for my seating plan. :)
The continents have shifted in 3E5. I can tell several people are deeply unhappy to have to uproot from their favourite places, but I didn't rearrange everybody just to be evil. It helps to get chances to work with different people all the time - it makes you more versatile and adaptable. "AHA!" you say, "what if I DON'T want to be versatile and adaptable?" Well... your choice, really. But in the real world (and trust me, school doesn't count as "the real world"), you don't get to choose. So you might as well pick up the ability to produce some results even if you can't get along that well with the people around you.
That said, I am beginning to wonder if Eugene is plotting to kill me now... I had no idea Apple was so touchy-feely with the boys (!!!). :D Oh but it's Eugene, so I suppose it's understandable. LOL. Hopefully he does not feel emo and desperate enough to start slitting his wrists or something. Apple of my eye, Apple, please do keep your fingers to yourself okay ;)
***
(A new section I have stolen from Xinwei.)
TAG REPLIES:
Sheryl: I refuse to dress as a hippo. Not even for the Mandai Zoo. Other people make better hippos than me. >.<
Kamal: You are MEAN. I am NOT short even when I'm wearing heels. I'm still taller than you without them. Hmph.
Eugene: Thanks dear. :)
Augustine: Maybe Kamal wishes he could wear heels too? :D Lol kidding.
Phantom: Thanks. I know ;)
Eunice: I'm glad you like Lit. I know Sathia is very adept at impersonating me. =.='
Wee: Who be you?
Xinhui: You're welcome! Hope your birthday was a good one. :)
2E6: Hello!
Manissa: Lol I didn't sing that for them la. I refuse to sing it lol.
Ruifang: Hi dear! Hope JSS 3-5 is having fun. At least Xinwei's blog always sounds like you are haha.
Valerie: Hullo! Don't let Xinwei bully you with the Benedict nonsense. Unless it's true? Hmm. :D
Fishball: Can you stop making me hungry please?
Xinhui(2): My blog is not a fish market!!! It's just one crazy person on my tagboard!!
Melvyn: Why you come here to talk to other people? I feel ignored. :(
2E6(2): How is Fishball being a pervert? Or do I not want to know?
***
I think maybe there are some things in life we should stop trying to understand. It's a bit defeatist - like just giving up and giving in - but I think it's acceptance, and not resignation. We can't understand why those we care for pass away, but we accept that it happens. We can't understand why sometimes the people we love don't love us in return, but we can accept that it happens.
I feel bad that the Meep died. And I don't know why.
Labels: 3E5, meep, pervy boy
and i'll return to you somehow: 10:11