welcome
You're here at msstraaten.blogspot.com
Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.
Intro
i am who i am
i hate squatting toilets and people who cycle on pedestrian paths
i love my sg gibson bass guitar and playing crisis core
i spend half my life in yuhua secondary school
are you pervy?
Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen, the post on yesterday's learning journey to the Civic District! (Percussionists, drumrolls please :D) There are way too many pictures so I'll just put up a few that I like. Our photographers for this session were Joshua and Minnie.

Okay I know the lady who led us around was very intent on bombarding us with information. But if you were listening carefully you might have noticed she did give a lot of very interesting facts which you wouldn't have learnt in history class (or anywhere else besides a tour of Singapore :S). I think it helped that she belongs to a few generations before you and me, because (as my parents like to say) old fogies know a lot more.
When I was in Sec One my school sent some of us on a trip called the Battlefield Study Tour, because we were covering the Japanese Occupation. That was a really good trip to go on - they brought us to the Battle Box at Fort Canning, and they brought us to this other place (can't remember if it's the same) where they were showing us how the soldiers used it as a lookout to fend off incoming troops. There was this really narrow staircase, narrow and steep, and climbing it was really scary. And the guide told us that soldiers didn't just have to climb it, they had to RUN up the stairs... awful thought. Anyway that was one of the cool things. They also took us to Changi Hospital and the Kranji War Memorial. War is sad. The story part of war - who fought whom, for what stupid reason, where they cocked up in their strategies, etc - is fascinating in itself. But remembering that people died because of other people's stupidity/pride/ambition, that's really sad.
If you want to see the other pictures that I've got from this session you can look
here and
here. Unfortunately I haven't been able to upload the pictures that Joshua took with his phone, so you can check back in a couple of days and I should have them up by then.
See you tomorrow for the cross-country! People who are intending to PONTENG (translation? :P), be warned I will not accept nonsense like "I had fever at 6:52am which went away at 6:58am but I decided to stay at home and rest. And not get an MC". Even if I accepted it other people will still hunt you down so you might as well come and have fun. :)
Labels: 3E5, learning journey, yuhua
and i'll return to you somehow: 21:54