welcome
You're here at msstraaten.blogspot.com
Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.
Intro
i am who i am
i hate squatting toilets and people who cycle on pedestrian paths
i love my sg gibson bass guitar and playing crisis core
i spend half my life in yuhua secondary school
the internet is for porn
Monday, November 17, 2008
That's the name of a
song from the musical Avenue Q. It's hysterically funny. Wish you guys could watch but you're all underage. HAHA.
Anyway, hello to people who tagged:
Silencer - Yes I am scared of going bankrupt but I am not going to run away. More on that later.
Amalia - I miss you too dear!!!
Nicholas - Hurrah you're back! Did you bring me a souvenir? LOL kidding.
Brenda - Thanks a lot dear, I really love your pic! :)
Jesslyn - Slowly slowly. I am only up to number 4 for you. Haiyah I don't see you that often right? :)
Shap - Why you keep changing your link eh?
Nicholas(2) - Yes my ever-amazing Nicholas, I am updating now.
Wenxin - Hey girl! Omg you saw us at WCP? Didn't say hi? Haha.
Ceddy - There, I'm updating now. Happy? Oh and thanks! Glad you liked it lol.
Anyway, I am at home now waiting for 2pm so I can go see the doctor (yes I'm sick again, hurrah). I have been reading several books lately, so if anybody needs help with their EL assignment (esp you, 2N4 and 3E5), here are two books I think you can check out:
Samurai Girl by Carrie Asai - about some Japanese kid who gets caught in some serious Jap-style samurai gangland war. It's interesting enough, but I got bored because I can predict what's going to happen next. You all might enjoy it though, esp the girls. Language is pretty simple so it's not a problem.
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - also about some girl who gets caught in a demon-human war type thing. But her writing is full of imagery and useful vocab, so the picture she paints for the reader is a lot more comprehensive than Asai's. Plus it's really quite funny. This one I think the guys can enjoy too. Plus the story is quite interesting. If you ever watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel, or you like reading Harry Potter fanfiction, this book is worth checking out. (Better than that stupid Twilight crap anyway. And yes, Twilight is Crap. C R A P. I was so *&#^ing bored when I read bits of it. But hey, if it floats your boat go ahead. Just don't give it to me for your book reviews okay? :)) Btw, Cassandra Clare did use to write Harry Potter fanfiction (which was in my opinion very good) but she stopped.
I miss my students. All of them. I miss seeing them in school. Oh well. When school starts I am going to be wishing I didn't say this. LOL. :) Off to lunch. Toodles!
Labels: books i like, music videos I like, tags
and i'll return to you somehow: 12:32