welcome
You're here at msstraaten.blogspot.com
Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.
Intro
i am who i am
i hate squatting toilets and people who cycle on pedestrian paths
i love my sg gibson bass guitar and playing crisis core
i spend half my life in yuhua secondary school
apology
Saturday, August 23, 2008
I think perhaps I owe everybody an apology. Everyone whom I teach, who reads this blog.
You see, I started this blog because I wanted people to have something interesting to read which uses good English (because all the blogs out there, the ppl spk lyk dis one you knowxxx duno why also larxxx must add all dis dunowhat here dere everywhere). And me, being me, I do things my way. I post pictures and talk about things that happened in class; I link videos and add snippets of what I consider useful information. And I tag. And I link blogs, and I read blogs. And people find my blog and tag, and read. They see me in school and they greet me, and I say hi back, even though sometimes when I am frazzled and distracted I'm not sure who I'm saying hi to. And then I see my students after school, and I eat with them. We walk to bus-stops where we take different buses. Some people have names for me; others like to try and get away with calling me by my first name. I am glad people feel comfortable with me; I like being sociable with the people I see every day, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being able to connect with them, even if we are 10 or 11 years apart in age.
Somewhere along the line, however, I don't know if it has become easier to forget. I don't wear the pass around my neck for fun. I say this because I am afraid I have done you all a disservice by not behaving like a normal teacher. Often when I am with you people I wonder myself, how exactly am I different from a Yuhua student who's not in uniform?
I apologise for not being a good enough role model. I've let you down.
and i'll return to you somehow: 00:04