welcome
You're here at msstraaten.blogspot.com
Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.
Intro
i am who i am
i hate squatting toilets and people who cycle on pedestrian paths
i love my sg gibson bass guitar and playing crisis core
i spend half my life in yuhua secondary school
This entry is dedicated to Eugene...
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
... the Master of Making Excuses and Dubious Argument. =.-' What do I mean? Since this week I have been talking about drama and scripts in Lit class, I shall use a script format for the benefit of my Sec 2s.
SCENE 1.
Classroom of 3E5, second period, Wednesday. 3E5 is doing oral exam practice. Ms Straaten (ie. Me) is walking around listening to people practice reading. She stops at Eugene and Ryan.
Me : (After some time of listening, looks out the window) Hey you can see the MRT station from here!
Eugene: Can you don't be pervy please?
Me: ?! It's an MRT station! Dude! Not like there are naked people running up and down!
Eugene: (suddenly interested) Eh maybe there are. (gets up to see)
Me: ??!?!?!! Now who's being pervy?
Eugene: Not everything has to be pervy can??
Me: (
&*@$^*(@# (gives up)
You see? You see? The nonsense I have to put up with in EL class. X_X
OH. And today, my creepy little clapping class (otherwise known as 2E5) demanded that I sing for them. So I sang the first verse of Linkin Park's Numb (halfway through which I forgot the words -.=') and then I zao xia'ed at the end. Embarrassing. But they decided to be very good and cooperative and attentive after that so it was worth the torture. :)
In other news, today (apart from brief Yuhua Idol moment) was relatively boring. Nicholas wasn't in school so the class was quieter than usual. Where is Nicholas! During SEL the class had to work on the kite but nobody was interested. I felt kind of bad because everyone is worried about something or other - Maths test, SS homework which they haven't finished, etc - but I also know the RHD people have been working their butts off to figure out stuff for everyone to do. So while I kind of didn't want to have to do the kite, I wanted to do it at the same time for the sake of the people who had to plan the whole event. Sigh. Life is full of conflicting interests and the dilemmas that arise as a result of them.
In other, other news tomorrow is Common Test Day for 2N4 and 3E5. Hope no one is too stressed by the thought of it... Lol I think people should only get stressed when they see the results. HAHA. I fear for my students. EL is good because you can't really study, but it's bad because you have to consistently work at it, and consistency is not a strong point for a lot of people.
I marked 3E5's spelling. Melvyn forgot how to spell his favourite word! I am mortified and distraught.
Here's a parting quote for all of you (especially for Eugene, who is upset that I post gay-looking videos instead of nice meaningful things):
That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But, it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day.
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Do you all have one memorable day to speak of?
Labels: 2E5, 3E5, Eugene Goh
and i'll return to you somehow: 19:50